- Use STAPLES brand screen cleaning fluid only
- Spray once (twice max) onto the screen, from ~1 foot away in order to get large spread
- Wipe screen with BLUE microfibre cloth
- Wipe until clean & dry; use a second (dry) BLUE microfibre cloth to dry if necessary
Keyboard and Mouse Cleaning
- Unplug both the keyboard and mouse (VERY IMPORTANT!)
- Use SPRAY NINE brand cleaning fluid only
- Spray once onto the GREEN microfibre cloth (NOT onto the keyboard!)
- Wipe the mouse and keyboard until clean & dry
- Use CERAMA BRYTE brand cleaning fluid only
- Use WHITE OR YELLOW microfibre cloth only
- Apply the cleaning fluid to the cloth, sparingly
- Wipe until clean & dry with a second (dry) WHITE OR YELLOW microfibre cloth.
- Apply a mist spray of water on the whiteboard
- Wipe until clean & dry like in step 4
- If encountering sticky residue (eg. from a sticker or tape) on a surface, use GOO GONE branded cleaning fluid combined with an ORANGE microfibre cloth. Use very sparingly, and unplug the device before attempting!
- If there are 2 people cleaning a lab, please divide the work with one person cleaning screens and the other cleaning keyboards & mice.
- Please make sure to plug the keyboards back in when you're finished!
- Please never use Windex on anything.
- FAAD Master Schedule for this term: Click here to view PDF updated: January 22, 2019
- FAAD Shared Mac Labs: J310, J316, J318, J323, E207D, S419, HB08
- Art Fundantals & VCA Mac Labs: A202, C224
- Illustration Mac Labs: A128, A130, A136, A137