What to do if you have a liquid incident with your laptop...
Here's what you need to do right away...
- Turn it off (hold the power button)
the sooner you do this, the more likely it is that your machine may be without hardware failure(s)
- Bring it to the Mac Tech office of C153 (info)
we will disassemble it carefully and try to dry it out
- Consider bringing an external hard drive
we may be able to transfer your data to it -- both as a backup and to allow you to take with you while we hang onto the machine as it dries
Can't make it to C153 right away? (eg. not within office hours)
- Keep it powered down and unplugged
- Don't power it back up
- Don't immerse it in rice (or anything else)
- Don't dissassemble it yourself (you may void your warranty or cause damage)
- Get to C153 as soon as you can!